Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our Advocate



This morning. . . . . while in the quiet and still, I opened my Bible and verses that I have known about all of my life just seemed to come alive for me. . . .
I'm telling you. . . . I had a moment.
It was I John chapter 2, and the opening verses read like this. . . .

" My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous :
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep His commandments. "

The first thing that I proceeded to do after reading these verses, was to look up the word advocate, which means supporter or defender. Jesus is our defender! No matter how many times we have failed Him and what we have done, He is our defender! He is our supporter! He is our friend! He will never leave us or or forsake us, no matter how far that we stray. He is not defending the sin, He is defending His precious child.

Then the following verses began to hit home, " and not for our sins only but also, but also for the sins of the whole world."
Wow. That is powerful. The sins of the whole world. The drunk, the rapist, the liar, the theif, the murderer, the cheat. The whole world. There is no one that Jesus can not save. No one that He cannot forgive. No sin that we can commit can keep us from Him, except for the sin of unbelief.

And finally, " And hereby do we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." If we truly are His child, then we will want to please Him. That doesn't mean that we will never sin, we just will not want to, and when we do, we will feel remorse for our actions. It's kinda like your relationship with your Dad, you want to please him, and when you do something that displeases him, you do everything that you can to make it right.

As a child of the most High God we will want to serve and worship Him with all of our being. We will want to learn everything we can about the Word and the glorious gospel of our soon coming King.



I just simply had to share what the Lord showed me this morning. . . . thankful that He still works in my heart.


Have a great day loves!

Brittney



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs